Over the Years
Don Whitney & Barbara Tregellas
- Don Whitney started Corporate Sports Unlimited, Inc. (CSU) with Barbara Tregellas on July 1st, 1980, after he moved to Atlanta, GA from Puerto Rico, where he served as the Head Tennis professional for Sports Illustrated and Rock Resorts at the Dorado & Cerromar Beach Hotels.
- In 1981, CSU had its first major event; a team building event for Johnson & Johnson with 300+ people. CSU went on to produce 13 events in its first year.
Cary Tregellas – Director of Corporate Health Unlimited from 1985-1995
- In 1983, CSU received a call from the General Manager of the new 5 star Waverly Hotel in Cobb County, GA to operate and manage their on-site health & fitness center, and to bring their teambuilding event concepts to the conventions of the Waverly Hotel.
- In 1984, CSU was called to open and manage the Ritz-Carlton Buckhead Hotel Health & Fitness Center. This led to CSU being the exclusive vendor to open other Health & Fitness Centers for the Ritz-Carlton Hotels & Resorts, including: The Ritz-Carlton Naples, Palm Springs, Rancho Mirage, Kapalua, Laguna Nigel and others.
- CSU also served as a consultant to Hotel Nikko in Chicago and Atlanta, The Swiss Hotel Atlanta, Sheraton Hotel Chicago, Inn & Links at Spanish Bay, and the Waldorf Astoria in New York.
1987 - 1999
Don Whitney – 1990 IBM Team Building Event
- With two divisions now operating at full speed, Corporate Sports Unlimited, Inc. formed two divisions that identified closer to their line of service; Corporate Events & Meetings, which today is Corporate Events Unlimited (CEU) and Corporate Health Unlimited (CHU).
- By now, CEU is producing 100+ team building events annually serving over 500,000 employees and CHU is managing 12 corporate fitness centers reaching over 150,000 employees for their health and wellness needs.
- In 1994, Don pursues his personal passion of starting a national road race (The United States 10K Classic) to give 100% of all funding to children that are in the greatest of need, which would lead to bringing worldwide awareness to what would become The World Children’s Center. The U.S. 10K Classic would go on to run for 17 years (1994-2010) and become the 6th largest multi-sport national road race in the United States.
- In 1995, Don wins small businessperson of the year by the AJC and the Atlanta Business Chronicle just prior to the 1996 Olympic Games.
2000 - 2009
Corporate Events Unlimited Division
- CSU moved their offices to Smyrna, GA in a 20,000 sq. ft. building as both their Corporate Events Unlimited and Corporate Health Unlimited divisions continued to grow. By now, CSU has 100+ full-time and part-time employees, and is producing 200+ events per year while managing 15 corporate fitness centers.
- In 2002, Don receives finalist award from Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year for GA, AL & TN.
- Corporate Events Unlimited expands its service offerings, now producing company picnics, festivals, tenant appreciation events, and holiday parties, in conjunction with its team building events.
2010 - 2020
Corporate Health Unlimited General Managers
- In 2010 Don receives Smyrna, Georgia “Citizen of the Year” award; Cobb County Small business of the year and Friend of Children award.
- Due to continued growth, CSU builds out a new 45,000 sq. ft. HQ in Austell, GA. This would be CSU’s 6th move, including starting the company in Don’s garage and operating out of the Waverly Hotel.
- By now, CSU supports over 300 full-time and part time employees, produces 300+ events annually, and manages 24 corporate fitness centers.
- Both CEU and CHU continue expand their service offerings and geographical presence, producing events and managing client fitness centers throughout the United States.
- CEU has won over 25 industry awards and CHU is recognized as a Top 10 Fitness Center Management company in the United States.
- In 2017, CEU purchases Professional Affairs, a special-events company whose focus was on producing large family day events across the nation.
2021 – Present
Corporate HQ Dedication in April 2022
- CSU moves their Corporate HQ back to Smyrna, GA.
- Corporate Events Unlimited is known as the national leader in producing memorable experiences for companies throughout the United States. Our event offerings include employee appreciation events, team building, company picnics, tenant appreciation, meetings & conferences, grand openings, holiday parties, virtual events, and more.
- Corporate Health Unlimited is a national leader in fitness center management, consulting, and design for some of the nation’s leading companies. Our core services include fitness center management, consulting and design, health coaching, personal training, group fitness, wellness workshops, and wellness programming, both in person and virtually through their Wellness 360 program.